Sunday, July 18, 2010

More pics from Walking Dead tv show.

Hi and welcome back.

For the last little while my enthusiasm for the Walking Dead TV show has been constantly building. I have to admit I didn't think it was a good idea to have it be a tv series but the more time I've spent thinking about it, the more it makes sense. This Blog is a continuation of the one just before dealing with the adaptation of comics to film but this time around I wanted to talk about how much more sense it makes to do a tv series instead of a movie.

Now I know some people are groaning right now but just stop and think about it for a minute. How much more sense does it make for a long running comic to be adapted as a tv series for a network like AMC? A lot actually. Almost everytime a comic is adapted to film so many things have to be changed for the movie but if it was made for a tv series there could be a progression that most times have to be rushed in a 2 hour film. Especially if the character or story has a very long past or storyline. Take for example Walking Dead, to me from everything I've been seeing this series is being handled in the right way to please not just the hardcore fans but the neophyte viewers as well.

The face of television has been changing over the years and while I have limited my tv viewing to a minimum that doesn't mean there isn't good solid shows to check out. On the contrary my personal short list is actually quite long(go figure): The Wire, Battlestar Galactica, Caprica, Rome, Band of Brothers, The Pacific, Heroes, Lost, Masters Of Horror, Fringe, The Unit, The Sopranos, Nip/Tuck, Spatacus and these are just off the top of my head.

Having Walking Dead also in good hands with Frank Darabont definitely helps. Darabont is a director who has handled every single project with absolute class despite the differeing subject matter that he has dealt with in the past. I think if the producers really pay attention and research the source material and stay true to said sourse material, I think things will pay off very well for them in the long run.

Fans can be loyal,they can also be very brutal when they feel that something they love isn't be treated respectfully and I believe they have good reason to be this way. Okay some people take things a bit far but think what happens if the producers and all involved if they do the characters and storyline following the timeline set forth in the comics. It could be a veritable goldmine of stories and shows for each series to pursue every season.

I think Walking Dead will set a new standard of how things could be done in the future as far as adapting properties for the small screen. Providing it becomes popular enough. So far though I have to admit all of the teaser images and photos have got me looking forward to the Fall TV season.

Just some more things to think about in the ever changing face of how things could be done in the future with adapting comics to screen adaptations.

Rich.





No comments:

Post a Comment